ASAN-Central Ohio is so grateful for the outpouring of support that our chapter has received from people across, quite literally, the world. But as we approach tomorrow’s protest, we’d like to ask that as many people as possible (wherever you live) could help us inundate our local press affiliates with emails and phone calls.
Here is the contact information for Columbus-area media affiliates:
- The Lantern, Ohio State’s student newspaper. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 614-292-5721.
- The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus’ major newspaper. Email: Ben Marrison, Newsroom Managing Editor, email@example.com; News tip phone: 614-461-5200.
- NBC4. News tips email address, firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 614-263-4444.
- WBNS-10 TV. Breaking news tips (online form); Newsroom: 614-224-1010.
- WOSU, local PBS & NPR affiliate. Press Inquiries: email@example.com; Phone: 614-292-9678, extension 49730.
Hi! My name is _____ . (If you live in Ohio, you might say so. If you’re active in or support ASAN or another disability-related org, you might mention this as well. If you are Autistic or are related to or work with someone on the spectrum, you might mention this as well.)
I’m calling/writing because I have a story you might be interested in. Autistic advocates and their supporters are protesting the Autism Speaks walk in Columbus on the Ohio State campus on Sunday, October 9, from 8:30am until noon. They’re protesting Autism Speaks’ lack of family support. Only 2% of money raised by Autism Speaks goes to families. Given the severe budget cuts facing us today, this is outrageous. Autism Speaks is taking money from Ohio families in desperate need of support and services.
Autism Speaks doesn’t speak for us!
PROTEST DAY & TIME: Sunday, October 9 from 8:30am until noon (Facebook event page)
PROTEST LOCATION: Corner of Fred Taylor and Borror Drive, by the 4H Center, Ohio State campus (campus map)
CONTACT INFO: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jessie at 740-341-3420.